What's new with Lincoln Atheists?
News, Announcements, Press Articles RSS
2020 Lincoln Atheists Board of Directors Nominations are Open
Posted on Sunday November 15, 2020
Secular Parenting of Lincoln
Posted on Thursday March 30, 2017
Lincoln Atheists is excited to announce Emily Riggle as the new leader of Secular Parenting of Lincoln. With two kids of her own, Emily is committed to providing support and encouragement to other families raising their children in a secular environment. Look for SPOoL's page on Facebook for upcoming activities, or you can contact Emily directly via email email@example.com or phone 402-413-1422.
End of the Year Report 2016
Posted on Tuesday January 10, 2017
📰 Lincoln Atheists Newsletter - December 2016
Posted on Saturday December 31, 2016
Code of Conduct - Draft
Posted on Monday December 19, 2016
Below is a draft for Lincoln Atheists Code of Conduct. We are looking for suggestions for the final draft. You can comment below.
Lincoln Atheists is committed to presenting an environment that is fun, friendly, and informative for all members and event participants.
This includes creating an atmosphere that is sex-positive and harassment-free. All members and event participants are required to adhere to our code of conduct for all Lincoln Atheists events and while interacting in Lincoln Atheists online spaces.
- Lincoln Atheists does not tolerate harassment of or by members or event participants in any form. Prohibited conduct may include, but is not limited to, harassment related to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, religion, sexual images in public spaces, deliberate intimidation, stalking, harassing photography or recording, sustained disruption of talks or other events, inappropriate physical contact, and unwelcome sexual attention.
- Racist, sexist, classist, ableist, homophobic, or transphobic conduct will not be tolerated.
- Lincoln Atheists recognizes that derision of religion, and religious ideology, can be quite common at its events and we welcome such discussions. However, the harassment of individuals for their religious beliefs will not be tolerated.
- Lincoln Atheists understands that human interaction can be quite complex and confusing. Please give each other the benefit of explaining behavior you find offensive or unwelcome. However, participants asked to stop any prohibited conduct are expected to comply immediately.
- Lincoln Atheists welcomes families with children and expects all event participants to treat these families with courtesy and respect. Parents or guardians bringing children are responsible for their children’s behavior. Parents or guardians should be aware not all Lincoln Atheists events may be suitable for children. An event that is deemed unsuitable for children will be indicated as so in the event description.
- To ensure that all members of the atheist community are welcome at our events, Lincoln Atheists is consciously working to create a safe space for members of the LGBTQ community. Please listen to LGBTQ people’s needs and stories when they are volunteered; but please respect people’s privacy and boundaries and do not ask questions that you wouldn’t ask of anyone else. Do not make assumptions about other people’s gender identity or expression. Do respect and call people what they ask you to call them.
If you are being harassed, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, please contact an event organizer immediately. Event organizers will help participants contact local law enforcement, provide escorts, or otherwise assist those experiencing harassment to feel safe for the duration of the event. We value your attendance and participation at Lincoln Atheists events.